Thursday, March 12, 2009

Vivir para la Gloria de Dios ^_^

Hola! Mi nombre es Miranda! :)

Wow. Where do I begin? The fact that I am about to tell you that I was accepted to go on a missions trip to Guatemala with over 600 teens and Focus on the Family is just mind blowing....

My name is Miranda Rowenhorst. I'm fourteen years old and from Waterloo, Iowa. This will be my third foreign missions trip. I have been to Mexico, China and soon-to-be Guatemala. I am so excited to go! Ever since I read the Peru article in Brio in, November 2006 something inside of me just wanted so badly to reach out to these people. I swear, I just about screamed when I received the acceptance letter saying that I was going.

So now I have been talking to a lot of people that are going on the trip too and it's starting to actually feel real. I am going to Guatemala with Brio Magazine. I have to tell myself that it really isn't a dream. Please pinch me- it still hasn't completely sunk in!

Fundraising is great- I've got pretty much all my money for the trip- which is a huge sigh of relief. In May, my small group and I are going to have a garage sale & bake sale to raise money so I can buy toys for the kids and also for my plane ticket. (I have it bought, I just need to pay my parents back now)

Now, if you guys could just pray for my nerves! I admit, I am a little nervous for the flights and everything. Although I know that everything will go smoothly, and if not.... then what on earth do I have to worry about? :) But also pray for the teens that will be flying alone. I will be flying with another girl from Iowa- but I know many teens aren't as lucky.

Also, a couple of the teen-missionaries that I have been talking to have been having trouble with fundraising. Please pray for them and another thing is for all of the leaders!

Thanks for reading. I'll post again some other time. Have a great day!!

Living for His Glory,
Miranda

Acts 20:22... "And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Guatemala, not knowing what will happen to me there." (my version! ^_^ )

No comments: