Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gift Ideas!!!

Hola Amigos!!
or amigas, either way you wanna say it. :)

I had this idea last night.

Ok. I am what some people call an "Artsy" or "Craftsy" person.
I apparently "Have an eye" for design.
Haha.
I learned in like 6th grade how to make these awesome little (girly term)
"Friendship Bracelets".

It was awesome cause I used to have one for like every outfit!

So ANYWAYS. I haven't done that in a LOOOOng time, and I have a whole bunch of sweet colored string laying around in my room. and I totally forgot about it, until my dogs, Pepper and Bella drug it out...EVERYWHERE on the floor last night.(yes I know they look sweet now...that's only because they're sleeping...dont let it fool you)

I've been doing this school project on Guatemala, and have found out a lot about the culture. They love bright colors. So seeing this string all over my floor reminded me of that.

So I made a goal. I am going to make 5 of those bracelets a day. In 20 days (ooh this is math) I will have 100! That equals 100 children in Guatemala with a simple gift that i am sure will rock their world.
(I'll post a video soon on how to make them if you want)

I'm SUPER excited I had this idea, because I really wanted to bring toys and all for the kids, but I just knew that I wouldn't have enough room in my Suitcase. And these are SO easy to pack.

I've talked to missionaries from our church family that have gone to Guatemala City, and they have said that the littlest things THRILL them. The little girls there LOVE just simple hair ties.
(Speaking of hair, I'm trying to learn how to French Braid. I think the girls would like that??)

And this is simple AND easy AND very convenient to pack.
Team members, Keep this in mind when thinking of what to get the children there.

Aubrey

3 comments:

Liberty said...

What a good idea! The kids will love that.

Danielle said...

I never thought of that!!!! Pleeeeeease put up a video on how to make them! I want to bring [just a couple] to give!!!!

a u b r e y said...

haha. okay i will make the vid today and do my best to post it today.
they are SOOOO easy to make!!
oh, and you can get these HUGE things of a TON of colorful string at walmart for like 5 bucks.