Thursday, March 19, 2009

Meeting Friends!

Hey Guys!

This is Miranda. :) I introduced myself a couple posts ago. I have two exciting things to share!

1. My small group and I are going to have a bake sale and garage sale in May! In my neighborhood everyone has an annual garage sale on like the first Saturday of the month- so we will do it then. We have aggreed that the proceeds will go towards my plane ticket (we already have it bought, but I just need to pay my parents back now) and also a whole bunch of toys and games for kids in Guatemala. I am really hoping that we can also get some nescessities (hotel shampoos, tooth brushes, toothepaste, etc.) for the people of Guatemala.

2. On Monday, my mom and I met Adeline Limmex and her mom! Addie is going to Guatemala too and so it was very exciting to meet her. Addie and I are going to fly to Miami together. We all met for lunch and then I went back to Addie's house with her. I was planning on just staying until Tuesday night, but I ended up getting invited to stay until Wednesday. I had such a blast with her! I'm also thankful that we get along really well- otherwise the three-hour plane ride to Florida might get incredibly long! :) But she is a great young woman and I am excited to be friends with her.

Thank you all for your prayers! I have all my fundraising ALL DONE! I just have a couple small details to work out now. For those others that are going to Guatemala too- I will be praying for all of you! I can't wait to do God's work right beside you! I know He will do amazing things in our lives on this trip. You can email me at dramaqueen004@gmail.com.

Living for His Glory,

Miranda <3

1 comment:

Liberty said...

Congratulations on getting all your money! And good luck on the garage sale!