Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Preparing our Hearts and Bodies for Ministry

Hey just checking in.
(Yes!! I have met liberty, she's on my team! She's the evil magician in the drama, and she's amazing!!)
We have been doing more drama practice here today, along with more language training and all. Today we reviewed phrases, and learned a few songs. It's really cool, and extremely challenging.
My arms though are SOOOO tired! I have to hold them up, perfectly still for 90% of the play! I'm convinced I'm gonna be so muscular C:

...My roommates and I are on the 5th floor, and we have to use stairs, not the elevator, so between the drama and the stairs it's "training" in every sense of the word!!

Last night I got to meet even more people. It's been awesome.
I love seeing how God is working to change our lives here already when it's only been 3 days that we've been here.

I got a picture with Susie Shellenberger, as well as Jamie Jamgochian, and Susie gave out free Susie mags, and she signed it..haha it makes me feel like I've met famous people. C;

I've been taking a lot of pictures of our drama training and all of my new buds. C:

So far so good when it comes to health. As far as I know, nobody is sick, so that's a huge praise, as well as coming really close to my roommates here.

Weather here is rainy and humid. :(
We leave for Guatemala at 11a tomorrow, it's a direct flight, sorry that I said that we stopped in Mexico, some teams are stopping there as well as Panama, but our team has a direct flight. It's about 3 hours. So keep travel in your prayers... much love.

aubrey
p.s. I talked to Aaron, Starr and Miranda, and told them they could make posts on here too, but I'm not sure if they're going to or not. So just keep an eye out for that. C:

4 comments:

Nathalie said...

Travel safely Aubrey and friends! We'll all be excited to hear about your adventures. :)

Mom said...

Good Morning, Daughter! We are excited to hear what God has in store for you! As I did my devotions and I had read that you are already tired, knowing what lies ahead, I thought of the fishes and the loaves.... you just be faithful to do your devotions and ask God for what you need to do His work.

Bring to Him what you have for His service, no matter how small you may think it is when you are tired or run down, ask Him to multiply it for His purposes and watch Him work through you, because He will!

I can't wait to hear what God has in store for you. Travel safely. (use your germX and Airborne..) ... had to say it...:-) ...Love you, Mom......

Mom said...

Hey Kiddo,

Let Liberty know she can post on here too (not sure if she has her own blog or not), since her mom has been on here. It could be an extra way for her to be able to keep in touch with her if she doesn't have her own blog.

Hope you're having a good day! Lots of folks have called or emailed and asked for the blog address and how you are doing, so lots of folks are following it. Mrs. Oram, the Elams, the Trimbachs, Auntie Nathalie, Aunt Liette, Grandma, Emily, Mr. McQuarry (the church staff prayed for you on Monday and for your team and he wrote me to tell me), Pastor Adam also called..... so lots of people are thinking of you and praying for you!

Be a Blessing! I'm proud of you!.
PS... Pepper and Bella miss you!

xoxoxo
Mom

Mom said...

Hey Aubrey!,

We got new pictures of Luis today from Compassion! He is sooooo cute!

I checked the website and they are updated there too..... just go to www.compassion.com and sign in with your username and password and click on "Your Child" and you will see it....

If you forgot your username and password, call me and I'll give it to you.

Hope your travels went safely.

Love,
Mom