Thursday, July 9, 2009

Meeting Luis

Hola again from Guatemala!
I really have no words to say, but to put it into one sentence: I met Luis yesterday!!!
It was so precious!! He was so much fun to hang out with! When he gave me a hug and smiled with his toothless mouth, I could see the joy of Christ in him, and at that point, everything was worth it. He came with his mom as well as his teacher, and we had out own translator. We played tag, tossed a ball, swung, played on the playground,

! and tried to yoyo and hacky-sack.
After that, he surprisingly showered me with gifts, artwork from school, school pictures, a shirt, a bandanna, and a lion keychain. I almost cried when I saw he was wearing the bracelet I gave him...over a year ago. He loved his gifts also, especially the vans, which he said were "Awesome".
So this is just the basic story. I really can't express the emotions of joy and happiness I'm feeling. Still doing fine with health, Aaron is still saying he'll post soon. C:
much love,
aubrey

3 comments:

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Aubrey,
All that effort and 1 Shazam!!! You'll forget about all of the hours and all of the frustrations, but you'll always remember that 1 Shazam! Your thrill is electrifying....We feel it all the way up here. Take care and travel safe.
Love G'pa and Lucy

Mom said...

Hi Sweetie,

How exciting for you and Luis. How special that time is for both of you. Can't wait to see pics and hear all about it.

Love Mom